View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 11:34 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 325xi
Question in regards to DIY, wiring help

I have not attempted this yet however based on the writeup I can see I am well capable (considering I was able to change my breaks etc).

My windshield sprayers stopped working, car was sitting i driveway for 3 months with occasional 2 times a week start and.drive around the block. It stopped spraying the fluid. So I check the reservoir, it isfull. Naturally next i check the fusebox (found reference on that litte fuse chart stating "windscreen washer system" no. 49,52,59 with 5amp 30amp 30amp respectively. I tested all three lil light turns out so I'm all good with fuses.

I would appreciate if you can help me narrow it down even more. I do not want to remove the pump if hoses are clogged. I have not tried the trick with "sprayers and needles" as in poking the spraying hole. I must admit a lot of fuzy stuff and debris fell on it over the months, but i would not think it would clog so easily considering the tiny size of the hole would it?

It seems that previous posters all had washer pump leaks. Does it always leak? And would a wusher pump cause the washer fluid tank to leak out? Because mine is full.

Lastly, if I should check the hose that runs from reservoir to the actual sprayers, or from the water pump to the actual sprayers, do I have to remove the tank to get to the house? How to check the clogged hose? You mention removing that part and trying to squirt. What should I do based on my info, I am a newb. I plan on doing the cheap pump trick but want to make sure it is not a hose.

Also, last resort if it is the pump how to do you properly wire the cables? Does it mean it does not just plug in? I have wired my speakers before in the door with black tape, but this is under the good and I want to seal it off properly not to cause future electrical problems. Any hints appreciation on that as we'll -id especially appreciate general writeup for connecting two wires with some kind of plastic cap, dunno never did it the right way and this time I want to do it. Other thant car runs good. 2003 325xi