View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 01:34 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by clem86 View Post
Dear friends,
the car I m coding right now has more or less all options but there is one problem I would like to address (allmost all others are solved trough reading here):
As it is a Germany delivered car the Internet surfing option is only available trough a BMW contract (150 per year) besides the BMW Assist/ConnectedDrive. I know that for some markets where the Internet option is not available there is the possibility to use the internet through bluetooth connection via smartphone. How and where do I code this? Some in the net were already successful but are not sharing the route how to do it. Of course I dont want to affect BMW Assist/Connected Drive. I would only like to change the Internet option to tethering over Bluetooth.....

Thanks a lot
clem86
I have read extensively on this, and I have tried getting BMW Live working on my F10 with no success. I know it is possible though, as the Professional Retrofitters offer it. In any event, my understanding is that the two, BMW Assist and BMW Live (Internet), can not coexist. It's one or the other. The BMW Live (Internet) is better in that you get Google Street View, Google Panoramio, and the Web Browser; however, since Google Send-To is part of BMW Assist, if you replace BMW Assist with BMW Live you, you loose that functionality. Other than that, I don't see any downside, and the upside, besides the advanced functionality, is you can save 150 per year.

You can start by coding the following and see what you get:

HU_CIC, 3003 TELEFON_TELEMATIK_ONLINE:

ONLINE_SERVICES = aktiv / Werte=01
ONLINE_BROWSER = beide_aktiv / Werte=03 - Adds "BMW Online" and "Internet" under ConnectedDrive=>BMW Assist
ONLINE_BROWSER_LIVE = aktiv / Werte=01 - Replaces "BMW Online" with "BMW Live" under ConnectedDrive=>BMW Assist.

This is for an F10, so other chassis coding may differ slightly.

If that does not work, I believe you will have to remove BMW Assist related services (presumably S639A) from the VO, and recode the CIC based on the modified VO.

If it seems to be working, but the Internet screen says it is not available in your country, I believe you will need to code the VIN of an "allowed" country into Combox, and in the Combox set TELEMATIK_VIN=coding_vin, which tells the Combox which VIN number to use, either the one coded or the one found on the MOST BUS (i.e. the car's).

In summary, BMW Live can be enabled, but BMW Assist needs to be removed, but without removing Bluetooth, and the Combox VIN needs to be from a country authorized to utilize the BMW Live Servers / Portal.

The problem for U.S. cars, we don't have SA612 for Assist, rather we have SA639 (BMW Assist with Bluetooth), and if you remove SA639, you also loose Bluetooth. I am not sure how to remove Assist, and add just Bluetooth. I will play around with it some more though and see if I can figure it out. Let me know if you are able to get yours working, and if so, how.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 08-05-2012 at 06:22 PM.