View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 05:37 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
This isn't related to performance, but rather interior accommodations. The rear seat of the CTS is really bad. Because of the super wide C pillars and the low seating position it is like sitting in a hole. The cushion is short and low, so there is no thigh support and your knees are up around your chin. The rear seat of the E90 is much better. In fact, I consider it the best in class. The Audi is very close and some like it better.

This comparo already says the ATS' rear seat is smaller than the F30. The ATS has basically the same super wide C pillars as the CTS, so I expect the rear seat is virtually the same and it may be worse.

I haven't driven the current CTS, but I did drive the first one. It wasn't nearly as good as the E90. I went to a big GM driving event during the run of the first CTS where GM had lots of their competitors. In the segment where they had the CTS they also had a BMW E90 325 (this was late summer/early fall 2005) and a Merc C Class. There were two cars people were lining up to drive repeatedly - the BMW and the Merc. No one (other than me) got in line to drive the CTS multiple times.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

BMW CCA member #388003 - www.bmwcca.org Use me as a referral, you could win a one day ///M Driving School!

Last edited by tturedraider; 07-28-2012 at 05:57 PM.