View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 09:41 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335i xDrive Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
You're missing the point entirely. This has nothing to do with the quality of the vehicle, the ride, the experience, or the price. This has everything to do with brand.

And when it comes to brand, BMW is atop the pile and Cadillac isn't even close. In order to understand the product you have to think like the customer. And in this case the customer is two very different things. White-collar America aspires to own a BMW. Only blue-collar types want to own a Cadillac. Car ownership is all about bagging the girl. Just like cavemen in ancient times, whoever carries the biggest stick gets the best woman. Your Ford F150 owner needs a Cadillac to bag his barefoot babe at the pig roast. Your Volkswagen GTI owner needs a BMW to bag his trophy wife at the country club.

The streams do not cross. Ms. Cute College wants a man-in-a-suit who drives a BMW, Ms. Dirty Toes wants a man-in-a-jumpsuit who drives a Cadillac.

As such, Cadillac can never take a bite out of BMW. Cadillac can grow its own market share, take sales away from the likes of Infiniti, Lexus, Acura, Audi and the other wannabe luxury brands, but BMW is something special. Cadillac and the other frauds aren't status-symbols. They're just luxurious cars. That's the difference. If you pretend racecar drivers would take your heads out of your aspirated asses, you'd see that.

BJ
I am doing this and shaking my head. How do you come up with this stuff?