View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1997 740iL / 2006 X5 4.4
I slightly puzzled in how to answer or make suggestions. Are you saying you'd rather pay $110+ per hour to a BMW dealership to reset your car's clock than to read the instructions in your car's owners manual (and supplemental Nav manual)?

For example, even though I don't have Nav (btw...there's the small or wide nav screen which you need to identify when asking questions about it)...I do have this pic for some reason...and you can see the CLOCK prompt in the image...and I can almost figure out how to reset the CLOCK by reading the instructions for changing the date:

Please don't take offense...for instance, if you don't have an owners manual or the supplemental Nav manual...we have no way of knowing this unless you tell us. We can also tell you where you can download those manuals (if you don't have them).

Here's a freebie that you didn't mention...but may find out later may not work properly.
  • the sunroof may not work correctly after disconnecting power (see instructions below from the owners manual...which you may or may not have)...one exception is...you need to HOLD the button for approx 20 seconds (5 seconds is not long enough)

As far as reinitializing your keys...see the instructions below that get posted about once a month...and as far as the "etc"...you'll have to let us know what else doesn't work...again, we can't see your car...we only know what info/details you give us.

Some tips on reinitializing the remote keys that trip up many owners that just "skim" through the instructions:
  1. you must follow EVERY step exactly...if not...programming will more than likely fail
  2. have ALL or your remote keys with you during the programming session...any NOT there will no longer lock/unlock & arm/disarm your car remotely
  3. only insert the 1st key, start your other remote keys on STEP 3
  4. don't forget to REMOVE the key from the ignition (see STEP 2)
  5. KL R = ignition position 1 (not off, 2, or 3)

Q {BMW CCA Member #191509}
2006 E53 X5 4.4i (Sterling Gray) 12/05 mfg date <<~>> 97 740iL (Arctic Silver) 3/97 mfg date
(SOLD)
99 540iT (Orient Blue) <<~>> 95 525IT (Alpine White)
91 735iL (Schwarz Black) <<~>> 85 325e (Bronzit)

http://imageshack.com/scaled/grid240/822/e38e532ndsigpic.jpg

Last edited by QSilver7; 07-29-2012 at 11:46 AM.