View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 08:52 PM
The King of Common Sense

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave 330i
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Shafer View Post
I have been driving mine daily since 2005. I get 22-24 mpg in town, 28 HWY.

Jon, I came back from a CCA Houston annual drive/restaurant to Freeport. Three E36 M3 with the younger kids showed up. BTW, the drive was hosted by Advantage BMW, Clear Lake. Beside a complimentary lunch, I won their give away...A BMW to drive for a weekend. I hope the GM wasn't kidding that I can hold on to it longer. The certificate expires in 6 months. I'm waiting for the 2013 cars to arrive at the showroom. I think I want the 640i convertible. I saw a 2013 640i Gran Coupe for $102K, a coupe with 4 doors with the 3 liter twin turbo (noted in the MSRP). I was confused since the designation is 640i, thinking it had a V8, not. So, the 6 series overlaps the 5 and 7 now. 640i with 4 doors. I guess it got started with the 6-SUV. The M7 to compete with the Panorama is next.

Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going exactly in the opposite direction", Sam Walton.

Last edited by Dave 330i; 07-29-2012 at 09:03 PM.