View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 06:30 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUI Elite View Post
Okay.

Yeah its hard to see the metal hexagonal piece from that cable. Based on the pictures, I think mine has broken out, but I'll double check before ordering.

I've had bad experiences with Ebay so I'll try ECS tuning. I think they have it for $35 + $10 shipping.

Last question (for now):

How does one separate the glass from the plastic (drive dog)? I feel like I'm going to shatter the glass moving it around.

Should you remove the entire window while replacing it?

Thank you so much for the help!
I hear ya... I was concerned about doing the same thing. I ended up using a screw driver to pry up the tab several times. I wasn't concerned about breaking the tab because I had a new piece in hand. It took a few tries. When your prying upward it actually will pull back into the hole when you get it up high enough. You don't need to take the window out. It should stay in place in the side tracks. Just clip the new drive dog onto the rail and push the window down into place until the tab pops in. Then just grab the cable and pull it out so you can see the hexagonal piece. Line it up with the drive dog, insert it place and make sure the cable is locked in and you should be good to go.