View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 08:05 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCoupe View Post
Manybrews, good info. I was hoping that I was going to be good for a year or more but that isn't my situation. The system needed a charge after 7 short weeks.
New news is that after filling out a performance survey that the dealership emailed me earlier this week about my visit and my level of satisfaction, I get a call from the customer service manager regarding my less than glowing review in the survey. He wanted to know if I would have a problem with them holding the car for a few days when I go back in August so they can get to the bottom of this. He has a claim into BMW NA to get authorization to go ahead and start pulling stuff apart to get this resolved. If they OK the expense, I can see where they would yank out the dash or whatever needs to be done to fix this leak. Manybrews may be on to something with the evaporator. I told him whatever it takes. He was cognizant of the fact that the car comes off warranty in October and seems determined to get this handled before then. Now that's what I expect to hear from somebody regarding a problem with something that I spent mucho coin on. Not, "Sorry can't duplicate the problem", or in this case "Can't find the leak." Again we will see what happens. If your dealership sends you a survey and you have a beef, fill it out and make your voice heard. Somebody actually reads those things. At least in this case. Good to know.
I guess BMW of Bridgeport wants to protect their Service Center Excellence Award that only 13 dealerships in the country got last year. Stay tuned........
You're in good hands. This is a stellar dealership (bought both of our cars there) and the Service Department Manager (Eric L) is a class act. The car will be fixed one way or another and yes they deserve their Service of Excellence Awards, 2 years running!