View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 07:33 AM
(aharding)ED #1 Sept 2012

Mein Auto: BMW GC & MB SL500
Quote:
Originally Posted by southern6er22 View Post
I forget, did you decide to stick with the Amaro/Black or Opal with the leather protection package? Can't go wrong with either one. Anything Individual is stunning.

Edit - Did you get the wood inlay steering wheel? I definitely would. You lose the heated function, if I remember correctly, but I think it is a nice complement to the rest of the Individual interior. The M Sport steering wheel would be my first choice, but that only comes with the M Sport Package. The reason I commented on this is because of the noticeable difference I felt when I went directly from driving my car to the non-M convertible at the PC. I thought the M Sport wheel was just aesthetic, but it felt a lot thicker and nicer. I would, however, be willing to give that up to have the Individual wheel that complements the rest of the interior. Not a big deal, but a minor thing that I think is more noticeable than you might think. I'm not sure why the wood inlay wheel isn't standard with the Individual interior - guess it is just BMW being cheap again...
Went to a dealer in South Florida who had an Alpine White 640GC in stock. In my opinion, it did not stand out at all. It just blended in. So I think your choice of Moonstone over Alpine White is a good one.

On our 640GC, we went with the Amaro/Black. Wife likes Amaro either way. Started with Opal/Amaro but didn't want the hassle of keeping the leather clean.

I saw Canyon Brown in person on a vert at the dealership and I like it the best. I wouldn't pick it from build your own or from pictures, but I would pick it based on seeing it in person. The vert had it's top down and the Canyon Brown was a really nice color. Wife thinks it's too dark and she's happy with Amaro.

We have the M package with the M heated steering wheel. Wife really likes the heated steering wheel over having the non heated wood steering wheel. M comes with the Carbon Black that we ordered. It's a spectacular color. I love the way it looks black, but then has a blue hue when in sunlight. The more light the more blue, the less light the more black.

2013 F06 640i Gran Coupe Carbon Black | M Sport Package | Amaro Brown Merino Leather | Fine Line Oak Wood Trim | Driver Assistance Package | Luxury Seating Package | Bang & Olufsen | Ceramic Controls | BMW Apps | Full LED Lighting
ED Trip Report - September 2012
Post your Neuschwanstein Castle photo here
Hawaii Vacation Rentals

Last edited by 640GC; 07-31-2012 at 07:52 AM.