View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 04:54 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspannu View Post
...Can you guide which exact settings I need to change to get this to work?
Well, if I knew how to make this work, it would be working already in my car .

Read this thread:

http://www.bmwcoding.com/showthread....=telematik_vin

The difficulty here is the people doing this are doing it with E Chassis vehicles and using NCS Expert, so it does not directly equate to F Chassis coding with E-Sys, but conceptually it is the same.

Quote:
...Trying out Internet gives the error 'Not available for your country'

...where do I code the telematik_vin and to what value?
telematik_vin should be somewhere in the Combox ECU. I never got that far with it, as I could not even get the 'Not available for your country' message to appear, presumably because my BMW Assist was still active.

What needs to be entered somehow in there is the VIN plus a checksum digit of another car that was built for a country that is authorized to use the BMW Live Portal (European, UK, etc.).

Quote:
...I don't think I need to modify the VO, but please advise.
Modifying a VO, writing it to the car, and coding the affected ECU is the "easiest" way to add / configure something, as it will automatically make all the required FDL Code changes for you. That said, you can manually FDL Code every individual entry and accomplish the same thing.

Quote:
...I was browsing through the parameters and there are many settings for Data Networking and Bluetooth networking, DUN and PAN profiles. Would I need to modify these as well?
You should not have to mess with any of the Data Networking and Bluetooth networking, DUN and PAN profiles.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips