View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 02:43 AM
Nick's Toys

Mein Auto: 323i E30 2-door
Unhappy USA shipping charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ethrty-Andy_ View Post
if you can send from a country other than the USA, then shipping will be cheaper. not sure why but in my experience i can get things shipped from germany even canada for a half to twothirds the price of the same item exUSA. this may be an NZ only issue mind you
Before we both get accused of USA bashing
I made my first serious money whilst living in the USA by recognising that there is a world outside the continental borders
Instead of building hard-core race motors, as I was then doing, I soon realising that I made far more money exporting speed parts to NZ, Australia, SA & Sweden.
Granted this was back in the early 90's, but even today I am amazed how some large US companies either do not want to sell outside the US of A or they use the wrong way of shipping
NOTE: I am not referring to Garagistic, but to others
For instance I would ship these small gears with EMS or normal post as UPS & Fed EX (being US companies) will immediately charge 50 USD for initial freight, because they are scared of falling of the edge of the world
Please excuse my rant, but being in the import business, as well, makes me pig-biting mad