View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 09:48 AM

Mein Auto: E46 M3, E30 S52 swap
As it stands, I have the ZF slave in my car and my car mostly refuses to go into gear. The guys at my shop are adamant that the e30 master cylinder will not push enough fluid to get the zf slave to do it's job and allow the car to shift. They're thinking a braided steel line *might* work for me. Sounds logical but from what I've read the e30 and e36 master cylinders are internally almost identical internally? Regardless I'm going to try the braided line but I'm concerned that this isn't the real issue. It's strange because the car does shift with the getrag slave, although the catch point is millimetres away from the floor.

I just stumbled across an old thread where a guy was having the same problem as myself. He claims that using an e36 325 slave instead of the e36 m3 slave solved his problem completely because it's slightly smaller and moves more fluid. Sounds promising to me.......curious what you guys think?

The guys working on my car are capable techs but have very limited experience with these swaps.

Last edited by johnjohnsons54; 08-01-2012 at 01:21 PM.