View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 06:49 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: e30
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick323 View Post
Before we both get accused of USA bashing
I made my first serious money whilst living in the USA by recognising that there is a world outside the continental borders
Instead of building hard-core race motors, as I was then doing, I soon realising that I made far more money exporting speed parts to NZ, Australia, SA & Sweden.
Granted this was back in the early 90's, but even today I am amazed how some large US companies either do not want to sell outside the US of A or they use the wrong way of shipping
NOTE: I am not referring to Garagistic, but to others
For instance I would ship these small gears with EMS or normal post as UPS & Fed EX (being US companies) will immediately charge 50 USD for initial freight, because they are scared of falling of the edge of the world
Please excuse my rant, but being in the import business, as well, makes me pig-biting mad
We try to do our best to keep shipping costs down. Thats why when customers ask that we get a quote from a certain company (usually they refer them in the first place due to price), we go out of our way to get that quote. We want to take care of our customers.

Besides, nothing beats the feeling of seeing a shipping truck pull up and knowing your car parts are in there!