View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Liverpudlian at heart

Mein Auto: 2009 328i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconutpete View Post
I don't remember feeling this way the first year i owned the car, but recently I'm getting HORRIBLE range when I try to lock/unlock the car. Unless I jamb it against my chin I need to be within 20 feet!

I switched to the other rarely-used key and the result was the same.

Any ideas? "Remote" and "range" didn't return much in the search....
I'm sure you thought of this already, but what did a new keyfob battery do for you? My Comfort Access range was shrinking to the point where I had to do a disturbing hip-thrust towards the car, and that upsets people way more than holding the key to the chin. A new battery worked wonders. Since your two keys are the same age it is possible that even the lesser-used key's battery is aging out so it may not be the car's receiver.

But, if a new battery doesn't change anything then I suppose that it is possible that the car's receiver circuitry is going bad. Hopefully just a loose connection to the antenna (wherever that is).

Frank.