View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 09:33 AM

Mein Auto: Boxster S; '13 X3 AW/CHT
folks, there are tons of threads about this issue.

the switch in the console is standard on all US 2013 X-3s (eco, comfort, sport, etc.). they call it performance control. this controls steering tightness, throttle sensitivity, and transmission. Eco setting also adjusts the HVAC functions and heated seats (if optioned) to a less vigorous setting to save gas. with this standard set up OR with the optional M-sport package, the control switch does NOT control damping (i.e., adjusting the firmess or softness of the suspension).

to have the adjustable suspension, you MUST option the Dynamic Handling Package (DHP) either by itself or in conjuction with M-sport, which will automatically add Dynamic Dampers. the dynamic dampers is what allows you to control the firmess of the dampers from comfort (soft) to sport or sport plus. this is all done with the same console switch that comes standard in all x3s (you will not get a separate switch to control damping). If you get DHP with DD, the I Drive settings screen will give you the option to separately adjust whether the dampers remain in comfort if you move the switch to "sport" (thus having soft dampers but sport steering, tranny and throttle) or if the dampers also tighten in conjuction with the rest when you switch to "sport".

you'll know if you have Dynamic dampers if your struts have a protruding cylinder with a connector.

2010 Porsche Boxster S (Mine)

Last edited by tango131; 08-03-2012 at 10:22 AM.