View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 06:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: ...
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4hwt View Post
I have this job planned for when I get back home in a couple of weeks. As well as cyl 5-8 valve cover gasket. Did 1-4 last month. Hopefully 5-8 should be a bit easier.
I was gonna jack the motor up with a trolley jack as I don't have an engine lift either.
Did you have to remove the anti roll bar completely or just slacken off the mounts and tie it out the way?
I have dynamic drive but was just planning on taking the mounts off and tying the roll bar out the way.
Keep up the good work. I shall be watching this post with interest!!
btw how is your leak? is it bad or just dribbles slowly?
congratulations on vcg job....
i have a dynamic drive too but i just removed it with anti roll bar and tied it with zip ties and same thing with power steering pump......its not complicated just takes a little time for the first time as you try to figure out the best and easiest way to do it with out engine hoist and special tools.....actually i had a guy give me a hand since i was under the car and he was under the fender driver side turning the ratchet and i was holding the extension with e torx socket....those 4 motor mount torx bolts are the worst because if the socket slips then you have problems....i think its better if you have someone help you when removing those 4 bolts....i will try to post more pics and videos later on...good luck with your project coming up in few weeks...i am also interested and will watch your progress...good day

Last edited by bayerisheteknik; 08-03-2012 at 06:20 PM.