View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2000 528i
Another e39 528i turbo attempt

WOO! first post.
Anyway, I have a 2000 528i and have gotten the idea of turbocharging it stuck in my head. I have spent a considerable amount of time researching this possibility, and have encountered a lot of.... resistance. The classic "buy the m5/540" line is not what I'm looking for. I am not doing this because it is the easiest or most cost effective or most practical method to get a high performance e39, I'm doing it because I want to and all I ask is that people respect that. I have done enough research that I have a plan starting to come together, I just need a few questions answered. First: my car is showing classic signs of blown vanos o rings. I want to know if it is practical to replace to o rings or if I should just unplug the vanos unit. Why or why not? what effect will vanos have on performance in a turbo car. Replacing the o rings isn't a huge deal, as I will need to replace the injectors and spark plugs, which brings me to my next question: where can I find spark plugs that are a few steps cooler for my car? I will admit that i have not searched all that hard for this one, but a quick answer (or a long one, it doesn't matter to me) would help me a lot. My last question just popped into my head, and I could probably figure it out for myself but I'm already typing this so here goes: what are the specs on the stock fuel pump(s)? any miscellaneous links or tips would be greatly appreciated. Also feel free to correct me if I am misinformed about anything. Thanks in advance!
Ads by Google