View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 11:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1993 BMW 318i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albo View Post
Spent the last few days with my cousin looking at E39's for his daughter. Came across this nice clean 1998 528i after a few 525's and 530's let us down (as did their owners).

He bought this car with 73,000 miles on it for $6,700. Clean body and interior. Dealer replace a belt tensioner, front and rear cupholders, front rotors and recharged the AC free of charge. Picked it up today and drove the 40 miles home. This car, totally unmolested, reminded me about the inherent goodness that is instilled deep within each one of these cars. In a sense, I was jealous on the ride home. My car will EAT this thing on any twisty road and run and hide from it in a straight line, but I had forgotten the serenity of a bone-stock E39. Smooth, responsive, peaceful bliss on the road.

I love these cars..... Here it is:

I HAD to drive my car along one of the twistiest roads in the area on my way home to remind myself why I made the compromises I did to the inherent goodness of my car. I am a performance junky, but at heart...I just love BMW's!

Now, we'll see if my cousin will actually let HIS DAUGHTER drive the car :-)
Agreed. I am tempted to do buy a second E39, this time a totally unmolested bone stock 528i non-sport model.