View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2000 528i
I wish I could help but I don't have a lot of links so to speak, just information I've gathered. My plans as far as air fuel is the apexi safc, which I have heard will work for our cars at least in the short term. Timing is still a gray area, which is one of the reasons I started this thread. In the long term a thicker head gasket to lower compression would be needed to prevent detonation, especially at higher boost. The stock injectors are 21 lbs per hour, so I plan on running 39lb per hour injectors (similar to 42 lb but half the price). This is about the upper limit possible with the safc because it only allows for 50% compensation, but it would still allow for around 400hp which is more than I plan on running (at least in the short term). as far as turbos the gt3582r has a near perfect compressor map for the application. This isn't going to be a super fancy setup because if lack of funds, but I plan on upgrading slowly as the paychecks come in. There are still some kinks in my plan to iron out but I'm finally starting to see it all come together. If there's anything I skipped over I can certainly try to help, and if anyone would like to call me an idiot feel free just explain your reasoning.