08-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
Join Date: Jan 2009
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
I'm not sure if you got anywhere further with this, but here is what I have been able to figure out:
Originally Posted by gspannu
Thank you for your detailed answer; much appreciated
I am now on bmwcoding and researching the link you mentioned.
Code CMB_MEDIA / 3006 TELEMATIK / TELEMATIK_VIN = Coding_VIN /Werte=01
Since NCS Expert won't work on Fxx Chassis, to Code a "working" VIN # in the Combox, use EDIABAS Toolset 32, which is installed as part of E-Sys, and do the following:
- Launch tool32.exe (C:\EDIABAS\Bin\TOOL32.EXE)
- Hit F3 or Go to File, Load SGBD Group File
- Select CMEDIAR.prg (Combox ECU) located in C:\EDIABAS\Ecu\cmediar.prg
- Scroll down to C_FG_SCHREIBEN Job
- In argument put new VIN + 1 digit (use any digit you want for the extra checksum digit and no spaces)
- Press the 1*> button (Start Job Once Only) on toolbar at top
- Result should show Okay.
I think the key for U.S. cars to get rid of BMW Assist, is we need to remove option S639A - PREPARATION F MOBILE PHONE CPL. USA/CDN (BMW Assist) and replace it with option S644A - PREPARATION F MOBILE PHONE W BLUETOOTH and then code KOMBI, CIC and CAS.
I may give this a shot next weekend.
- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- 2006 530i (Born 10/05) - SG/BLK/DW - /ZPP /ZCW /NAV (Returned to Mothership 05/11)
- BMWCCA #446923