View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 11:59 PM
always learning...

Mein Auto: 2002 M5 (soon)
Using two Valentine Ones?

I recently purchased two V1 detectors on eBay, one v1.8a-POP2, the other v1.8-POP2. The first one doesn't have the crystal-safeguarded band limits but is otherwise identical to the second.

Long story short, the second auction ended in the middle of the night (poor timing by the seller--I think they autolisted with an AM instead of PM time) and I won with a low bid.

In any case, my question: I have a cross-country trip coming up and am considering using both detectors. Why? To see which one I prefer and (hopefully) get even better coverage. Can anyone tell me whether one V1 adversely affects another in close proximity?

Also, any tips/suggestions for running two detectors? I am hardwiring into my sunroof/light control for the long haul, so one will be hardwired, the other will be powered from the 12v socket.

Thanks!

Last edited by Jsborn; 08-06-2012 at 12:03 AM.
Advertisement