View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 12:49 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '09 AW 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclone View Post
All the supporting mods do is allow you to go more aggressive with the tune. Believe me, there is a huge gain between stag 1 and stage 2 plus. Around 40hp. It all depends on how far you want to take your car though.

The intake should be used with any tune. Adding an exhaust did little for me, performance wise, besides making it sound better. It did, however, remove the back pressure from the system (turbos do NOT like back pressure) and make me about 40 lbs lighter (about a 4hp gain in weight reduction).

The high you go with any tune the more in diminishing returns you will get unless you are making serious engine modifications (bigger turbo, single turbo, engine swap, etc). When you consider the price of those items though, the amount of HP we get, per $$ from a tune is outrageously cheap!
I told myself i was going to only do a cobb ap and nothing else. But I'm finding myself looking at the bms dci and a remus exhaust. I know many have argued this point with stock box w/bms dropin vs bms dci. The only thing is having to uninstall when i take it in for servicing and vice versa. That is what has me on the fence still from pullin the trigger. Damn these cars get expensive.

2009 AW 535i
-Sport, Premium Package, and Comfort Access
-FBO, custom Cobb E30 map, Performance Gearing LSD.