View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 06:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 X3 3.0SI
Powerstop Brakes

Long time lurker, seldom poster.

I just bought the powerstop 1 click brake kit on Amazon. The kit has drilled/slotted rotors and ceramic pads.

I know there is a lot of debate about the need/value of drilled/slotted rotors and even more so about ceramic pads.

Debate aside - Has anyone ever used this brand of rotor/pad combo? I am a little worried as BMW OEM brakes have me spoiled. Reviews on the 'internets' all point to above average ratings and some even call these the best bang for the buck. I am a little worried as most of the reviews come from the point of view of non-BMW owners (not looking down at their choices but many of the cars on the market have crappy brakes)

I have seen some BMW owners call this setup a good option - equivalent but not superior to OEM brake - with added benefits of drilled/slotted rotors and the corresponding drawbacks.

For reference - I live in NJ and do about 50 miles of driving a day with occasional heavy breaking 60mph-10mph in heavy traffic.

I purchased them based on overwhelmingly positive review - despite the reference bias I speak of above. The BMW reviewers pushed me over the top. I also get the added benefit of an enhanced look (i know, i know, don;t mock me). I am a sucker for OEM+ look.

Anyone have any experience?

http://www.powerstop.com/products (1 click brake kit)
Advertisement