View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 09:46 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 5 Series F10 2012 Model
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
@gspannu; Can you run C_FG_LESSEN with No Arguments and see if it returns the current Combox Vin Number? Assuming it does, then run C_FG_SCHREIBEN again, but this time with the same VIN Number returned by C_FG_LESSEN job, and with the extra checksum digit, and see if that works? I am trying to determine if the CMEDIAR.prg is working with Fxx Chassis. If it is, then I would try other VIN Numbers and see of one sticks.
Just tried what you suggested and I still get the error while trying to read the VIN. If you se the attached image you would see that some junk is being returned.

I tried this twice, once with TELEMATIK_VIN = MOST and then with =Coding; but same result with both. I did not try setting it to my original VIN though. (can try it if you think it will work or shed more light on the problem)

Does it shed any light? Thanks for your support…..

* UPDATED *
Just to add on…..
I just read the Job-Info window carefully (see screenshot-right hand window; 3rd paragraph); and it says that the FG_NR (comment: Fahrgestellnummer 7-stellig) should be 7-digit long (i.e. the last 7 characters of the VIN). 'Fahrgestellnummer 7-stellig' in German translates to '7-digit vehicle identification number'

So, should we not be coding the VIN as only the last 7 characters? Where does the whole 17 character VIN and a check-digit come into play.
Possibly my ignorance on the subject, but I thought I'd mention it anyway...

Last edited by gspannu; 08-08-2012 at 10:02 AM.