View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Lexus GS350, Lexus GS300
Quote:
Originally Posted by j4jacks View Post
Thanks for the kind words....Only have about 500 miles on the new springs so we will see if there is any more settling. As I stated earlier, the drop on the front is spot-on. The rear looks great but I agree, a drop of another 6-8mm would be ideal for my taste. The wheels for me were a no-brainer. I was also considering the VVS-CV3's but in the end, opted for a more classic mesh wheel look. The MRR's have the look of a 3 piece wheel at half the price. I've had plenty of expensive 3 piece wheels over the years and bending one makes you want to . Not only the replacement cost but depending on the wheel, there could be a 3-6 week wait to have a new one made and shipped. The MRR is a pretty sturdy wheel...I've already hit a couple of big potholes with the wheels still running true. I live pretty close to their plant so if I do one day bend one, my dealer says they can have a new one on the car in 24 hrs.
I got a set of MRR GT5 for my wife's car and I can tell you they are tough as nails. My wife has banged and beat those wheels silly. The surface has been scraped but there are no bends, no wobbles, no peeling (other than self inflicted). If they can withstand my wife, they can handle anything or anyone else.

Last edited by Ice350; 08-09-2012 at 11:26 AM.