View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 02:06 PM
0-60 in 4 secs or less!

Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by skohler View Post
SDG- I know it hasn't been that long since the dealer looked at it but just wondered if things were still running correctly?

I'm leaning toward the Stage 2 tune but I don't really have a Dinan/BMW dealership close (maybe 45 miles or so to the closest one). My 550 has 26K on it already and I know if I get it I should do it sooner rather than later in terms of the warranty.

I would assume if I purchased an extended warranty through BMW as I am likely to keep the car longer than most, once the Dinan warranty expires I would be SOL on a lot of the powertrain items? Not real clear on how that would work.

Steve
The interpretation of warranty coverage seems to come down to individual dealers. There is a fellow Fester who had Dinan and an extended warranty on his 7 Series. He had a turbo fail at 62kmi and it was covered fully by the extended warranty. Other dealers say an extended warranty doesn't cover the drivetrain if you have Dinan. If I decide to keep my car, I will sit down with a CA and my SA and get agreement on what is covered before I decide on buying an extended warranty.

2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)