View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 07:42 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02QTR28 View Post
Honestly brotha all alternators for our cars are rebuilds no matter where you go! Here was my logic on buying mine when i needed to replace mine! 1. dealer sold them but it is a rebuild for $1,000-$1,200 with 2 year warranty 2. Autozone sold them as well rebuilds with lifetime warranty for $500 & change with core! If you weigh out options your better off with autozones! in my opinion anyways & if your doing job yourself!!!
i was going to get one from autozone my self but after reading few threads about it not being bosh but duralast brand i changed my mind....one guy had to change the alternator 3 times until he got a good one from autozone...other guy mentioned the ones from autozone have parts from china and since they are rebuilt they dont get rebuilt like bosh oem bmw ones....i think lifetime warranty is there because of lower quality components used in the rebuilt and they don't replace every component like lets say if you buy a bosh one....
only good thing is i only had to pay 700 for brand new oem bosh from bmw dealer instead of 1130+tax because the guy ordered air cooled one and my girlfriend picked it up brought it home and i was like what the hell is this???? air cooled one go for 680 from dealer...installed it last week and car runs like champ... i got the 180amp one but i still don't get why are they so expensive since they changed to air cooled ones in 2004 if iam correct??