View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 12:14 PM

Mein Auto: something embarrassing
That's basically what I was thinking. I know they bought it at a dealer auction, but I don't know how much they paid. I do know that it's been sitting there for a long while though, so I may go in there and make an offer contingent on them having it inspected first, and if they aren't willing to do that, they aren't reasonable people and my money is best saved for a new one in 2 years :P

So another random question. The high mileage on this thing got me thinking about engine replacements, and after some googling I found a few people who took the S50B32 from the e36 evo models from, well, the rest of the world, and tossed them with a 6 speed tranny into their cars. It didn't sound all that complicated, and it makes me wonder why more people haven't done it; perhaps it's just as you said, since a well maintained engine is rock solid, not many people have had to replace them, and of those who wants to replace a transmission and who knows what else in the process.

At any rate, I'll have to swing on by that place and play some hardball What would really help is finding out how much they paid for it. Does anyone know how to check how much a car was purchased for at auction, perhaps by using the VIN or something?