View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 02:45 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Touareg TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by skirulz View Post
Hi Guys

Just a update on my x3 3.0d 2007 model. There was a huge leak from the middle of the car around where the transmission is when ever the car was parked on a incline. The oil that leaked wasnt red as the ATF but black. Had the car in to get the front Diff, Transfer case and ATF oil replaced with a new filter and seems like the tranny was leaking oil which has been fixed.

With the oil change the car is so much smother when it comes to gear changes. During the diagnostics there were errors for 2 glow plugs and the glow plug control unit, DPF error as well. The mechanic recommended that i get the oil changed with a new filter and PCV value as well as that might resolve the DPF error. After i bought the car i noticed at cold starts when i start it up and drive it around and say i stop at a light for a minute after about 30 seconds with the gear on D and my foot on the brake the engine starts vibrating a lot as much as shaking the car and when i let go of the brake and just let the car roll on D the car is very jerky until i accelerate and the vibration goes away. The mechanic that i took the car to said that i could be related to the PCV value again. Another mechanic i took it to told me that one of the Injectors isnt working and that is what it might be.

Any hints on this issue guys??? I am seriously considering selling this as the repair bill here in australia are huge for these things. SO far i have been quoted $1000 for the PCV value, oil, filter replacement, IF its the DPF then another $2000 and if its the injector with the glow plugs at $2400, Glow plug replacement alone would cols around $700.

Any hints on this issue guys??? or should i just trade it in for a brand new Toyota that i know would las tme a life time with no issues...
$1000 for PVC plus oil and filter seems cheap. Not a dealer I assume.

I am not where near an expert but during reading on other more diesel based forums the DPF typically will cause a loss of power and inability to rev out if blocked. No reports of idling issues that are DPF related I have seen. Same forums tell how to remove and clean the DPF. The DPF is a lifetime product btw so your vehicle must have had a hard life with no runs long enough for exhaust and engine temperature to get high enough to re-generate it IF it is blocked.
With respect to glow plugs I would have thought they are only used at engine start and not during running - so what you have described does not make sense to me.
An injector not working on the other hand would cause rough idle.
I would recommend getting all codes cleared then re-read after you have the above issues - just in case something else is going on. e.g. low battery during cranking causing codes that have hung around. ie I notice in my reviewing of codes using INPA and a OBD cable that some have no mileage history attached just a count number so hard to tell when they occurred.

Good luck.

ps the above is not so relevant to this thread and maybe an admin might move it.