View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 06:29 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 Lexus ES 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilk View Post
I agree.

If I know I need to make a quick getaway, I just slide the shifter into DS mode too. To me it's not that much of a pain, at least it wasn't during my 10 day ED. Perhaps when I get the car in the US, I might change my mind, but I doubt it. I'll take the fuel savings.
I haven't got my car yet. However I did read upon the bulletin and passed the info along to my CA. He said they would do it once I got the car. When you flip it to DS mode, ASS is in a paused state such that the car will not shut off even though its active? Is that correct? I didn't know this. I thought if the ASS is on, regardless of what mode you are in, given the right environmental conditions, ASS will shut the car off. I may reconsider doing the update if the above is true.

Can someone clarify this or confirm it?

Delivered!! Order in June 22, 2012. PCD, 2013 335i xDrive Sedan, Mineral Grey Sport Line, Brushed Aluminum with Black Highlight Trim, Black Leatherette w/Red Highlight, Dynamic Handling Package, Tech Package, Sport Transmission w/ Paddle Shifter, Rearview Camera, Park Distance Control, Htd Front Seats & HK Audio.