View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 01:19 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to MonkeyCMonkeyDo
Mein Auto: 2013 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdle_F30 View Post
The service people at the dealership are telling me it will be set to OFF. I said, 'But the bulletin says Last User Mode is the setting to use'. They said, NOPE it will be permanently off. When I tried to explain Last User Mode they said that they weren't engineers and to take it or leave it.

Right there in the service bulletin it says:

ON
OFF
Last User Mode

How could it be more clear?
How close are you to Yorba Linda? If you need to get it programmed properly go to Integrity Motors. I have learned that most dealership service people are at most 2-5 years in the business and for many this is their first mechanic job. It is great when you are simply dealing with warranty items and the free maintenance but if you want do something "custom" like that I recommend going to an expert. Sevan at Integrity is beyond an expert when it comes to BMW, Porsche and Audi brands. If you need it done as per the service bulletin, I would go there.

And to add to Auto Start-Stop, mine only complaint was the little jerk the car made everytime it shut off. The back on part was smooth and came on when I wanted it to without delay, but everytime it shut off there was a slight jerk to the car, kind of like when you roll to a stop then suddenly press firmly on the brake and the car rocks forward as the momentum keeps the body rolling forward. It was slightly annoying but other than that the feature doesnt bother me.