View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 05:15 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2004 545i
So this message just popped up for my 04 545 on Thursday. I had the codes run today by my BMW mechanic who works out of his house and basically has all the tools, computers, software etc necessary... Anyway, He said I am getting a fault on the secondary Air Pump/Valve System... if I am understanding him correctly, there is a pump that only goes on for a few seconds when the car is started cold. This sends air to the back of the motor where there are 2 valves, one for each head. My pump is working fine. The lines are a plastic/rubber and could be cracked and/or the valves could be gummed up or stuck. He says I have to (or should) replace the valves in the back along with the lines and hopefully this takes care of the issue. Worst case scenario is that the heads need to be opened and cleaned (which has to be sent away)..... mucho dinero....

So for now the codes are cleared (although he says it will most likely come back within 3-4 cold starts) and parts will be ordered for the first and hopefully only part of the job. $600 for parts and labor - the parts alone are about $125-150 for each valve and another $50 or so for the lines... his cost. I am hoping for the best... why couldn't it just be an o2 sensor...

oh wait, this is me and my bad luck!!

Mods
MTEC V3.0 AE's, Black and white roundels, Clear LED Side-markers, New Conti ExtremeContact DWS's, Charcoal Filter Delete, 35% Tint, 20%rear.

http://s705.photobucket.com/albums/w...%20BMW%20545i/

GARY BETTMAN IS A TOOL!