View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 12:25 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beden1 View Post
It is a disappointment that BMW is not a leader in safety as they had been considered back in the 1970's and 1980's. Safety should be a top priority for a premier European brand trying to justify high sticker prices. I think BMW and other car manufacturers have decided that their prime focus should be on adding invasive and needless technologies, and gas savings to boost sales as opposed to safety as their prime objective.

I think we will see more structural weaknesses as car companies use more weight savings components for better MPG. And, if the European car companies keep going down these paths, what is going to separate them from the Toyotas of the world who offer features without solid foundations?
beden1, I'm sorry, but this may be the single most uninformed, ignorant post I have seen on Bimmerfest in my seven years here. Did you even bother looking at pictures or reading the actual report of the results by the IIHS? No serious injuries indicated. The probability of left leg or foot injuries and possibility of right leg and foot injuries. NOTHING EVEN REMOTELY LIFE THREATENING.

This new test and this report is nothing more than a red herring. It is not possible to construct a car that is totally indestructible.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **

Last edited by tturedraider; 08-14-2012 at 02:13 PM.