View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 04:53 PM

Mein Auto: 1997 BMW z3
This is Awesome.

Most problems my car has are on this list! It's been overheating recently and now i can assume why.

Question: Will the faulty shift pins affect my RPM? My car gets up to 3000rpm in 5th at 55-60mph. I have a problem.

Other problems that I don't know are common, but could possible be added to the list if you get enough input:

- My stereo shorts out and asks for the security code every couple minutes. I'm replacing the stereo in hope that its an internal problem and not a car wiring problem. I'll put another response to keep you updated.

- My inside drivers door handle/arm rest (the one with the mirror controls) is completely separated from the door. I am trying to figure out what to do...I'm thinking glue.

- And my oil filter cap is simply un-removable. A friend who owns a car parts com. stopped by, tried all of his special hi-tech tools and it still didn't budge. It's due for a change and I don't know what to do!

- I recently replaced both O2 sensors after my car not passing smog. It did but just barely. I do not know why this awesome little car wouldn't pass, no one knows what's wrong.

- My drivers side window makes funny noises and doesn't work all that well, but is still useable.