View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 04:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Thanks Dad.

Not sure where you live, but some of us live in big towns near huge cities and the daily drive is not a slow-moving, relaxed experience. Everyone's in a huge rush, everyone's distracted, no one takes pleasure in driving, everyone's speeding, that's life in the big city. I got my F30 fully aware of ASS and it's upside/downside. I've been living with it for a week now and it's simply not safe for the environment I'm in. So tomorrow morning I'll be the first one getting the code tweak at my local BMW dealership and I won't have the problem anymore. As it stands now, I can't let my wife drive the new car. Tomorrow solves that.

Big picture, there will be problems with the car industry's implementation of this system and they will lead to something tragic. That's not drama; that's just an unfortunate fact. No matter what the car or who the driver, no one expects an engine to stop working as a 'feature', no one has dealt with the potential for a stall for over a decade, and no one is prepared to deal with the steps involved in a re-start if they're under the pressure of cars bearing down on them.

BJ
Nicely written as usual, but also complete with your trademark obfuscation of reality. What "facts" -- not hearsay or your opinion -- can you point to that prove your assertion that ASS will inevitably lead to tragedy?

You'd do well as a flamethrower in a political campaign. I'm guessing red-meat Republican, based on the fact that your spouse makes "mid-six figures" and sends you to the A&P. Catharsis comes more easily online, don't it?
Redelivered: 2012-09-12