View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 07:12 PM

Mein Auto: '13 X6 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewgg2 View Post
Also, I do see some pics of the X6 with the roof racks. Are they standard on 2013?

It's definitely not standard, nor an orderable (sic?) factory option in the U.S.

If you really want them, you have to order the parts from the dealer, and I think they need to drill holes in your car to attach. That would be the way to go if you wanted an integrated, OEM-type look, though there are probably a lot of folks here (including myself) who would not prefer the look of these permanently on the car.

I looked into this option a couple years back and finally went with a Thule that does not bolt to the car. After all, even if you need these every weekend, do you really want those things on your car everyday? The Thule's come on and off in about 5 minutes. It will of course all boil down to your personal needs and preferences. I am also able to now use this setup on my new X6 without buying anything new vs. the old X6

[Attached is a pic of the Thule with the aero blades (but without cargo box on) on my old '09 X6. Box easily fit 3 snowboards and lots of gear safely, securely, and with practically no wind noise thanks to the aero blades.]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bmwx6thule.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	337032