08-16-2012, 02:57 AM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Mein Auto: 2014 M5
Sounds like your salesperson is good but not great! You are absolutely right that it is unusual to write a post recommending a car salesman on the Internet. In fact it is astonishing given that car salesmen are among the most disliked category of sales people out there.
Originally Posted by yogi799
My salesman was very nice too yet I don't go out promoting him.
I never wrote a promotional post about a dealer until I met Greg. What made the experience special was this:
1) Quick simple deal (no games, asking manager for permission, etc.)
2) Great pricing
3) Extreme invoice price transparency (he emailed me the paperwork)
4) Superb communication throughout (he emailed me the order screen screenshots so I knew the right order was being placed in the system and know there are no mistakes or misunderstandings). I had better communication and transparency with a guy I never met than all the guys I bought cars from over the phone.
5) Status emails throughout the order process so I know when it goes into production, gets on the ship, etc.
6) Able to get special order done in less than a day that confuses the hell out of most dealers. People still PM me saying their dealer knows nothing about the leather dash and ask me what they should ask the dealer to do.
7) knowing to submit the PCD reservation at the time of ordering not the time of arrival at VPC which streamlined the time to delivery (many dealers don't know this)
8) Follow-up after the delivery to check I was happy
2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S
2015 Mercedes C300 4MATIC
Memberships: BMW CCA, Peachstate PCA, NMA, AAA, RAC
2015 Jaguar F-Type R
2014 BMW M5 Individual Dinan Stage 1
2013 BMW M5 Individual
2012 BMW 550i Dinan Stage 2
2004 BMW M3
2001 BMW 330Ci
1997 BMW 328Ci
1994 BMW 325Ci