View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 08:42 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 328i Cv
I wanted to share my experience on my 328icv roof squeak issue here in Denver. I took a printout (and a pdf on a geek stick) of this sticky to my service department last week and made an appointment for yesterday to have the roof "serviced". When I arrived I was told that their technicians had read over your procedure and could do the job as described for 3 hours labor, which would not be under warranty. I am still under the Extended Service plan I bought (6 years, 100,000 miles) from the dealer in Phoenix (BMW North Scottsdale) when I bought the car. but apparently no roof services fall under that warranty.
They said, after looking over the car, that they needed to perform a "Microswitch adjustment under the driver's side Cowl / A Pillar cover, as per BMW 'SIB 5 4 12 07'". That service was performed for $233, again, not under warranty.. I approved them doing that service, but I will do the work in your sticky myself, as it apparently won't void any warranty. So that is what happened to me and my car, I look forward to hearing other stories.