just replaced mine. the old part looks just like the old one shown in the first post. it used to be stop and go like it was possessed and now the a/c speed is as consistent as new for a $65 and 20 mins of sweating in the garage.
tip for anyone who try to do it in the future.
- be patient.
- getting the connector off took the most time. there are 2 clips on opposing ends, disengage one and then wiggle it out partly and then disengage the other one.
- once the clip is off, push it aside so it won't block the passage off the FSU.
- disengage the FSU clip. wiggle the FSU.
- for me, the FSU comes out half way and got stuck again. i tried pulling from the front but there are no good leverage point. in the end, i managed to reach around to the back (have to move away some insulation foam) and voila it came out.
- putting everything back was simple.
Last edited by jmpsmash; 08-17-2012 at 01:24 PM.