I went to the dealer with my spreadsheets this morning and they forwarded them on to Dinan for evaluation. Late this afternoon I received a call from Dan at Dinan. He went thru all of my numbers and believes the stage 2 is installed in the car and operating correctly. I told him that my expectations were to be around 12.7 in the qtr mile after the upgrade. He explained how they calculated the HP and Torque gains and I will not try to tell you what he said because I will surely screw it up. They have charts and we figured up that if I wanted to be running around 12.5 with my estimated 5200 lb car (with gas and me included) the car would have to be pumping out about 700 HP. The problem is that my expectations for this upgrade were not realistic. I agree my car “feels” faster and “pulls” harder, it’s just hard to pick that up in the track numbers. After speaking with him, I believe the car is running the way it is supposed to, so I am okay with it. If anyone would like to speak with Dan for explanations, PM me and I will give you his direct line.
P.S. I was told this morning by my dealer and Dinan that after the first install of Dinan Stage 2, that there was an error in the download. The Dealers computer said it was successful, but there was an error on Dinan's side that we didn't know about. That would help explain the lower track times.