View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 06:38 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGirl View Post
Have a great trip!
Thanks, we are having a great trip. PCD was a lot of fun. My wife wasn't feeling too well so she sat out some of the driving stuff. The hot lap was WILD! I really enjoyed the off-road course. It is short but shows what the X3 can do. I hope we never get in a situation with 2 wheels in the air, but the X3 can handle it. The factory tour was fun, but I'm an engineer so I'm a little biased. Throughout the X3 assembly line I only spotted one Blue Water so my wife's will be pretty rare I think. It was interesting to see left hand and right hand drives intermixed on the line. The robotics are pretty cool but a fair amount is still done by hand. They do a lot to reduce boredom and repetative use problems, such as rotating through 4 jobs each shift.

I'm already thinking about when I get to replace my vehicle with a BMW, after owning one for 2 days. There was a Vermillion Red ready for delivery that looked nice, I think M Sport. My wife got this one and I got her old Explorer, which I figure I will keep 4 more years. Maybe less now that I have the bug!