View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 08:49 AM
CABimmerNation

Mein Auto: 2010 750i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamlord View Post
No offense but until you have a precise race-track timed 0-60 measurement, documented with a proper statistical sigma calculation, no sane person is buying the mobile-phone-on-the-fly-tacho measured 4.3 seconds. Keep in mind 60 mph on your tacho is around 55 real speed, too.

The latest Audi S8 which weighs 450lbs less, has more torque and hp and an awesome 8 speed tranny, and, well, overall a faster car by miles, does 4.2s. The new m5 which weighs substantialy less and is, duh, an m5, goes 4.4s. Your f01 can't be on the same level, period. I'm guessing realistically you have around 4.7 not less. By the way, stock f01 is stated as 5.1 and *not* 5, this is yet another wrong statement from you.

The results seen from Richards car seem actually very realistic and they are also correctly measured and can be trusted.

You don't get a linear increase of speed after a certain point, this is physics and not primitive math.
I did 10-12 stop watch measurements when stock and 10-12 after the dinan tune. They were all within .1 of 5 when stock and .1 of 4.3 when tuned. so say what you want, it's a good way to see if it's installed or not. Remember, BMW tried to pull the same crap with me the first time they installed the software. It wasn't installed and my 0-60 times were still 4.9-5.1 every time.

You really need to do a little more research if you want to comment here with facts. 750i stock is 5.0, 750li is 5.1. Also numbers the the new M5 are all over the place on the internet, but should be under 4.

Yes, Richards numbers prove his software was not installed correctly.

I have also raced a 2012 M3 coupe in a straight line and slowly walked away from him, 0-60 on the M3 being 4.4.

So piss on everything I say all you want, it doesn't change the fact that I have proven that the Dinan is installed correctly on my car. Also I do my 0-60 stopwatch voodoo everytime I get the car back from the dealership, even if they tell me they haven't upgarded the software.

Maybe do some upgrades yourself and stop armchairing things you have no first hand knowledge of.
Dinan S3, PedalBox, 22" Agetro rims, H&R spt springs, RDsport front lip, coded, paddle shift retrofit, AlpineMSS HID 8000k. All exterior chrome, roof, roof spoiler and everything behind wheels painted black, wing, side and rear reflectors and door handle trim painted white, light smoke on tail lights. Audio: focal separates, earthquake low profile subs under front seats (crossed over as mid base to support the pathetic 4" fronts), arc audio amps, audiocontrol lcq-1 and epicenter, (2) L7 subs.