View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 09:33 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by voip-ninja View Post
My guess is he's under 35. When I was in my 20's I wanted the darkest tint I could get. I wanted the car all blacked out. I was delusional that the super dark tint made the car look cool and made me look very mysterious. I was going to get a lot of tail with my blacked out window tint car. Yeah baby yeah!

Then in my 30's I still wanted the windows tinted to reduce heat and glare on my favored black interiors but I didn't want my car to look like it was being driven by a wanna-be-member of a gang or Yakuza... so I went with a much lighter tint.

Now that I'm 40, I don't give a sh!t about window tint. Seeing at night is hard enough without black tinted windows focking things up.
You know I have to admit - I came to this forum and found it really informative when I had a problem (by the way - for those asking, it was Valencia BMW that took such great care of me). However, as I've continued to read and try to be a part of the forum, I've found that it is full of people being rude to others and putting others down just based on their opinion.

My in-laws are the ones that pointed me at the BMW's and my only concern was that I didn't want to be grouped in with the typical BMW owner. They asked what I meant, and I explained this forum to a T.

I'd like to know where you pick up such as skill as estimating someones age based upon their posts and tint preferences. Get your money back, your way off. For all those who NEED to know what I'm transporting - it's people, and I live in a place where it regularly gets 115 in the summer. PS - it looks great, 20 or 50 year old, it still looks great.

Thanks for the input. I don't think I'm going to be an active member of the forum anymore just based on the general feeling I get around here. Thanks to those that were supportive and helpful though.