View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 12:58 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 535Xi, 2006 X3 (wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinekens View Post
Hi,

Can anyone compare / describe the ride quality between a 2013 X3 35i with the Sport Activity Package vs. the M Sport Package? I currently have a 2006 X3 with the M Sport Package and the ride is pretty “firm” if not “jarring” at times….It handles great though. None of the dealers around me have on with a M Sport Package that I can test out.

THANKS.
We formerly had a 2006 X3 without the sport package but with the optional 18" wheels. We replaced that last year with a new 2011 X3 35i. As of last Spring when we were ordering our new X3, all the US model X3 35i's had the same suspension unless you separately ordered the optional dynamic dampers, which we have. They were not included with the SAV or MSport packages. Haven't kept up with how that option is packaged today.

In terms of ride quality, our new X3 is light years ahead of our 2006. Even when we put the dynamic dampers in the stiffer sport setting, the new vehicle has an excellent ride quality in my opinion, nothing like the 2006. It has a different driving feel, less direct / less stiff, but even so I think our new X3 handles better than our 2006.

Thanks
Bruce