Thread: 65 vs 66
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 02:37 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 750I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suri [TBR] View Post
+1

The E66 is what the 7 was meant to be. Tell me this - when they show off the flagship, is it the E65 or the E66? The F01 or the F02? Let me answer that for you - it's the E66/F02. If you want a short, sporty car, please tell me why you didn't buy an M5 or an M6? David had the right idea
You're right about that statement. The 7 was meant to be an LI but BMW saw it fit to do a factory mod to make it an I. Usually people mod things to make them better don't they if the E66 which was the initial idea was perfect BMW would not make the I version.

BMW figured out that not only grandpas want to own a 7 to be driven in but younger drivers wanted a more sporty version that offers all the same comfort and features that the 7 offers to the driver without the useless extra length.

Anyone that has driven an E65 can tell you that it handles better than the LI and we have agreed it has a more sporty look which is what most people on here are going for. Why E66 drivers are talking about a car that only better benefits the passenger is beyond me. I enjoy the sporty look and better handling on my car 100% of the time. Unless the E66 drivers are hauling NBA players I would reckon that they use the extra space less than 5% of the time. The extra 5 inches is just wasted space between someone's knee and the back of the front seats...that extra room is not needed unless passengers in the front and rear are way over 6 feet.

Most people don't know what the differences are between the I and LI so trust me guys you dont have to lug around a longer less sporty grandpa car to impress people...the 7 in front of the two other numbers in the badge is all you need. What follows the 7 in the badging 45/50 , I/LI means nothing to the average person drooling at your under $30K car thinking it's still 100K and they can't afford to have one themselves.