View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 08:37 AM
Mein Auto: M3 - M6 - 911
Originally Posted by SilberGrauE60 View Post
You should be able to get an exact match from Batteries Plus,, for around $200 and install it yourself. The dealer is charging so much because they are probably selling you an AGM-type battery rather than basic Lead-Acid. My dealer said they are only selling the AGM-style anymore when I asked about mine several months ago. Also, they will charge you extra labor to "register" the battery. This topic is debated up and down the e60 chat rooms, and I decided not to do it. A battery is a battery is a battery, I feel.
I'm sorry, but this is terrible advice. You do need an AGM battery and it definitely needs to be registered. I can't even begin to tell you how many threads I have read over the years regarding problems people have had stemming from not registering their battery.

You can certainly buy a battery on your own and have it registered by an Indy or someone who has the proper software if you want to save some money over the dealership.

2014 Carrera 2S - White/2 Tone Espresso/Cognac - Aerokit - PSE - PDCC - SPASM - PDK - Sport Chrono - 20" wheels w/OEM Spacers - Glass Roof - Leather Dash - way too much more to list
2013 E92 M3 - LeMans Blue/Black Novillo - Comp Package - MDCT - CW - PP - EPS - CF Roof w/OEM CF Mirrors, Spoiler, Interior Trim - Full IND package - Muffler Delete
2013 F12 M6 - Alpine White/Black Merino - Executive - LEDs - B&O - DA - Lots more