View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 08:48 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: rescued bmw's
if you have spare injectors laying around, drop them in and see what happens. even if they're the 'wrong ones', they should start and run better than what is in there.

i have an injector flow tester that i should have brought out to show you guys along with the power graphing meter, but i didn;t have a fuel guage to use as part of the demo.

the injector balance test is basicly a little box that powers up from the battery and plugs into the injecotr in place of the harness.

with the key on/engine off, read the static fuel pressure. hit the button on the tester, the injector will pulse and read the fuel pressure change.

then reset the fuel pressure by cycling the key and repeat for the next injector. record the findings and evaluate.

i got the tool @ pep boys for around 40ish, ithink. it's been so long ago. i have used it many more times though when in the shop. not so much now.

but yeah, it could be clogged injectors, which would explain the no change in idle when it was unplugged and fits the bogging down/off idle not running right condition.

let us know.

df