Thread: 135 questions
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 12:41 AM
Registered Loser

Send a message via AIM to eazyefromli
Mein Auto: 1999 M3/2/5
I've had my 2010 135i 6MT sport package for almost a year now (bought it CPO) and it is seriously my favorite car I have owned (including an S52 M Coupe, E36 M3, E46 M3, and E92 M3). It does have some creaks and rattles, but nothing major, just hit the gas and you will forget all about them. My car has a few modifications: BMS JB4, BMS DCI, and Eibach Sport springs, and I really can't think of many cars I would chose over mine, and none in the same price bracket. It's a real drivers car; mine is a coupe with no iDrive and I love the relatively spartan interior. The stock tires that come with the sport package (Bridgestone something or others, the run flats) leave a lot to be desired, but they are good enough to last you until it's time to replace them. I've put about 14k miles on my car in the 10 months since I purchased it, including a drive from New York to California, and at no point did I ever question my decision that this was the car to buy.

I have had a few issues, but BMW has taken care of them with no questions asked. The pixels on my radio were fading, my d/s mirror was randomly adjusting itself, and that's all I can remember right now. Neither were major and both were taken care of in a few hours when I brought the car in for an oil change. They also changed my brake pads all around under covered maintenance 8k miles before they were due because I asked them nicely (and I burned through them 8k miles early, 90% of my driving is up in the mountains).