View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 07:55 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBV View Post
I think so - maybe $12k at the most, but the one I looked at had some options that were not in the X5 I was looking at. For example, blind spot - which worked great!
I drove one last week that had the blind spot option on it as well. I really liked how Porsche does the lights for this v. other brand vehicles I have driven. The one I drove I think was priced around $72k, it had a number of options on it but did not have their suspension option. On their website they had some other diesels listed almost $10k less but they were not on the lot to actually look at. The only way I could get him off MSRP is if I did an ED on one and then I could get $2.9k off. He gave his usual spill about how Porsche is a low volume manufacturer and how buying a Porsche is getting into a dream and so on, a sales pitch that probably works great when looking at some of their other models.

I was not overly impressed with the engines performance in it but to each their own. It did seem to handle very well but I have not driven any other "competing" SUVs to compare that too. I do know cruising down the freeway around 100mph it felt nothing like how I recall my much older previous SUVs handling at such speeds.