View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 10:52 AM

Mein Auto: A car. Specific enough?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW 3-SERIES View Post
You wont be finding the S4 to be cheaper for repairs. Volkswagen and the higher-priced Volkswagen (Audi) is found dead last on ConsumerReports & JDPower reliability list. BMW and Benz were actually rated higher than GM. And so what about this Chevrolet Cruze with leather? Ugly. Dash will still be made of recycled McDonalds food trays.
Please do some research on the ATS before spouting off elitist garbage.

False statement #1:
Quote:
BMW and Benz were actually rated higher than GM.
FALSE. Cadillac is 4th in Initial Quality for 2012 according to J.D. Power, just behind Lexus, Jaguar, and Porsche (kind of surprised to see Jaguar that high, though). BMW and Benz are ahead of Chevy (though Chevy's still ahead of the industry average), but Chevy is not GM as a whole, so don't lump them together.

False statement #2:
Quote:
And so what about this Chevrolet Cruze with leather? Ugly. Dash will still be made of recycled McDonalds food trays.
It's your opinion on the interior, but I don't think you can get much more spartan, bland, and plasticky than the base 3-series. I'm all for German simplicity of design, but the new F30 has a rather cheap interior unless you spec it out with one of the lines that are available.
As for they Chevy Cruze comment, this really shows how little you know about the ATS. Not only is it on a totally new RWD/AWD platform (that the 2014 camaro and CTS will probably get, too), it's actually lighter than the F30. Sorry to bust your bubble, but Car and Driver already said they thought the design of the exterior and interior were nicer than the 3-series, and the driving dynamics were so good that they'd need to test them head-to-head later on to make a final decision.

I love both the F30 and ATS, honestly. I've seen both in person, and they each have their pluses in my eyes. If I were leasing, I'd probably do a 3-series, as no one can beat their leasing program. If I were buying, it'd be a tossup. I'm at least willing to give them consideration since I'm considering buying in the next 1-2 years, as I'm sure the long-term costs of repairing one out-of-warranty would be WAY cheaper than any German car.

/rant.

Last edited by alep1985; 08-27-2012 at 10:59 AM.